Seton Spirit Ad Campaign 2018-19
School Goal $70,000
Required Family Contribution $350
What is the Seton Spirit Ad Campaign?
The Spirit Ad Campaign is Seton’s annual fundraiser and is done in conjunction with Seton’s Spring Musical. This year’s musical is “The Wizard of Oz!” Seton families raise money for the fundraiser by selling ads for the Spring Musical Program/Ad Book or through donations. All Seton families are required to participate and raise $350. Families that choose not to sell ads will need to submit a $350 check to Seton School.
The Ad Campaign’s Important Dates
Official Kick-Off Date
Monday, January 7, 2019
Claimed Ads due by
Monday, January 28, 2019
Deadline Date! All Ads due by
Monday, February 11, 2019
Download the Ad Campaign Forms
Ad Campaign Contract Form
Ad Templates -UPDATED to show Actual Ad Size
Ad Campaign Flyer
What are Claimed Ads?
Claimed Ads are ads that were sold by Seton families last year. These ads may be claimed by those families and sold until Monday, January 28. After this date, remaining Claimed Ads will no longer be held and will become available for any Seton family to sell.
- Prizes awarded to top three families with highest sales.
- Families that raise $375 or more will receive one free ticket to any spring musical performance of their choice.
- Class with highest sales will receive a Dress Down Day.
- Class with second highest sales will receive an ice cream social.
- Students will receive a day off from school if the School Goal is met!
Want to get started early?
If you would like to take advantage of the holidays and business end-of-year donations, you may start selling ads now and submit to email@example.com with contracts and payments sent to the Seton Front Office.
Available Ad Sizes & Prices
Full Page on Color Stock (B&W/Vertical: 4-3/8” x 7-3/8”) @ $200
(*These ads are black print on color stock paper, found in the middle of the program book, so that they are more noticeable.)
Full Page (Vertical: 4-3/8” x 7-3/8”) @ $125
Half-Page (Horizontal/Near Square: 4-3/8” x 3-5/8”) @ $75
Quarter-Page (Business Card/Horizontal: 4-3/8” x 1-7/8”) @ $50
All Ads are bound in a 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” Program Book.
Ads should be high resolution TIFF or PDF (600 dpi), preferred methods, or JPEG and submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submit all payments with contracts to the Seton Front Office.
Want to advertise on the Back Cover, Inside Front Cover, or Inside Back Cover?
Do you want to bid or know of a business that would like to bid on the full page ads on the Back Cover, Inside Front Cover, or Inside Back Cover of the Program/Ad book? Bidding will open on Monday, Jan 7 and will be accepted until Monday, Jan 14. Top bidder will receive the Back Cover, second place will receive the Inside Front Cover, and third place will receive the Inside Back Cover. An email starting the bidding process will go out on Sunday evening, Jan 6.
Want to see what a Program/Ad Book looks like?
Sample copies from the musical “Annie” are located in the Seton High School building main entrance as well in the Corpus Christi office.
Instructions for the Program Layout of Ads
- Program ads may be business-related, a congratulatory or spiritual message, etc.
- All ads shall be bound in a 5 ½” x 8 ½” Program. The margins are ½”; the dimensions of the ad are 4 ½” x 7 ½”.
- Color pages are found in the middle of the program book, so they are more noticeable than just an ordinary full page (Note these are not color ads.)
- Ads are preferred in TIFF or PDF (600 dpi) format (although JPG can also be accepted) and should be mailed to email@example.com. Please send the email before you submit the ad contract –note Family name and ad in the subject line -and note that the email has been sent on the ad contract.
- When making ads, please:
- Use the template only as a guide for scanning your image. DO NOT cross the boundary line as that is where the image must be cropped.
- Please pay attention to format. Full-page ads are vertical; half-page ads are horizontal.
- Regarding Patron or Friend ads, please:
- Write legibly using dark ink. Print neatly or type.
- Writing should be all caps, block letters.
- All Friend of Seton and Patron ads must be filled out on the back of the ad form.
- Spaces are counted as characters.
- Before submitting this contract, please:
- Remove stapled instructions.
- Be sure that the contract is filled out completely, even for donations.
- Be sure that the ad and payment are attached
- Do not submit cash.
- Seton reserves the right to reject any and all ads that conflict with the interests or beliefs of the school.
New to Seton and need ideas for places to go and sell ads?
Contact our Ideas for Ads Coordinator, Deirdre Pennefather, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instructions for Completing the Contract
A Completed Contract Has:
1. All information on the top left side of the page completely filled out. The online contract is a fillable PDF!
- Seton Selling Family
- Name of advertiser/donor
- Complete mailing address (if a tax receipt is requested)
- Telephone # (optional)
- Email address (optional)
- Tax receipt requested (optional)
2. Check the type of Ad or Donation.
3, Specify the way the Ad is being submitted. Digital Ads should be sent via email email@example.com. Note next to the line on the contract that an email is being sent with the Ad. See requirements, for the Ad, listed on the contract. If you create an ad by hand or need assistance in creating an ad, please submit custom work with instructions to the front office. Please send all inquiries to the ad campaign coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. On the bottom right side of contract be sure to list the student(s) to receive credit.
5. Be sure payment is attached with the Ad Contract. Please DO NOT submit cash. Make checks or money orders payable to: Seton School.
6. All Friends and Patron Ads must be written legibly using all caps or block letters. Spaces are counted as letters. The online contract is a fillable PDF!
Seton has the right to reject any and all ads that conflict with the interests or beliefs of the school.
FOR ANY QUESTIONS, please email email@example.com
Instructions for Students Selling Ads
Always introduce yourself and say that you are from Seton School in Manassas. Explain that your school is conducting its annual fundraiser campaign and that you’d like them to sponsor a space in the program book for our musical production.
Important reasons why someone would want to place an Ad in our program:
- The show runs for 5 performances in April and is seen by at least 1200 people. Each person who attends receives a “Program Book”, which contains the ads, to keep.
- The money raised through the campaign allows us to keep our tuition low and make improvements in our school facility.
Other points to stress:
- We are a non-profit Catholic institution that depends upon the generosity of the community.
- Our musical productions are very popular, publicized and well attended.
- Seton School’s Spring Play program is impressive and many attendees retain it as a keepsake, and patronize our sponsors throughout the year.
If the person agrees to buy an ad, here are the steps to follow:
- Fill out the contract COMPLETELY. Find out exactly what the person wants included in the ad.
- Get a check for the entire amount of the ad. (NO CASH CAN BE ACCEPTED- if you receive cash please write a personal check)
- When you have all these elements, remove all staples and paperclip all the items together. Write Spirit Ad Campaign on the front of an envelope and hand it in to the office. NOTE: A completed contract MUST accompany all ads and donations. Additional contracts may be picked up in the school lobby, or downloaded & printed from the Seton website.
Tips for Success
- Be polite, sincere and neatly dressed. Consider carrying a program book from last year’s musical with you.
- People may want to support us, but genuinely can’t afford to do so. If you think this might be the case, ask if they would be interested in committing to being listed as a Friend ($10) or Patron ($20) of Seton.
- If someone asks you to come back later, be sure to go back. Follow up is important for success.
- Whether or not you actually get a sponsorship commitment, always say THANK YOU, and invite them to the play. We need all kinds of support.
- Please refer anyone with a question to call the school at 703-368-3220, or email the Spirit Ad Campaign at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When can I start selling Ads?
- What are Claimed Ads?
Claimed Ads are ads that were sold by current Seton families for last year’s campaign. These ads may be claimed and sold from now until January 28th.
- When can I take advantage of Claimed Ads that are not claimed?
After January 28th all Claimed Ads will be released and given to the Ideas for Ads Coordinator.
- I’m new to Seton and I have no idea what to do?
If you are new to Seton ad do not know where to begin or need ideas, you may contact the Ideas for Ads Coordinator by emailing email@example.com.
- Help I don’t know how to…?
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- How do I submit the Ads?
We are asking for all ads to be submitted electronically. If you need support please email email@example.com and we can help you. The Seton computer class is willing to help create an ad for you!
Ad Cover Contest
The Art Cover Contest – COMING SOON!
If you have any questions regarding the Seton Spirit Ad Campaign, please email Charlotte Guyant at firstname.lastname@example.org.