Seton Math Packets
Many studies have shown that, during the summer, students lose a substantial portion of their math skills acquired over the course of a school year. This puts them at a disadvantage upon returning for a new school year, as the expectations of a new course presuppose the skills and knowledge taught in the previous course.
The Seton math department in coordination with the administration, has assembled review packets for most of our math students. If you will be enrolled in General Math, Pre-Algebra, Algebra I, Geometry, or Algebra II in the fall, you are required to complete a review packet before the school year begins. Please make effort to turn in the packets by August 19, so that the teachers can have them graded before opening day.
- If you are enrolled to take General Math in the fall, you will do the Sixth Grade Math Review.
- If you are enrolled to take Pre-Algebra in the fall, you will do the General Math Review.
- If you are enrolled to take Algebra I in the fall, you will do the Pre-Algebra Review.
- If you are enrolled to take Geometry in the fall, you will do the Algebra I Review.
- If you are enrolled to take Algebra II in the fall, you the Geometry Review (UPDATED 6/24/2022 to include Algebra sessions).
These reviews will be counted toward your first quarter grade. The amount of work will not be cumbersome if the student begins in mid-July and does 2 to 3 sessions per week.