December 12 (7/8/9th graders) at 6 PM
December 13 (10/11/12th graders) at 6 PM
Auditions for this year’s Spring Musical, The Sound of Music, will be held in Faustina on Monday, December 12 for 7th, 8th, and 9th graders and Tuesday, December 13 for 10th, 11th, and 12th graders. Auditions will begin at 6:00 pm; students will need to arrive no later than 8:00 in order to audition. You must bring a photograph of yourself as well as the completed audition form. You are encouraged to come to the audition prepared to sing a song from a musical (no “Happy Birthday”!); you are also encouraged to bring music to accompany you- recorded music (taped or cell phone, etc.) or sheet music for Miss Erwin. (If you would like Miss Erwin to accompany you, please speak to her ASAP and be prepared to provide her with the sheet music.) Please also see the musical bulletin board at school or visit http://www.setontheatre.com for more information.
ANY KIDS THAT HAVE CONFLICTS FOR THE EVENING THAT THEIR GRADE IS AUDITIONING TO PLEASE EMAIL MRS. VANDER WOUDE at erinvanderwoude
Important Information for Parents and Cast!
1. The first rehearsal will take place on Saturday, Jan. 21st at 9:00am. ALL PARTICIPANTS AND AT LEAST ONE PARENT NEED TO ATTEND THE OPENING MEETING. We will not keep the parents longer than 45 minutes and then the cast members who are scheduled for rehearsal will remain at school.
2. We will be collecting 2 checks from each family at the parents meeting. There is a participation fee of $15.00 per cast member or/$25.00 family max.
3. There is also a Strike/Chaperone separate check that needs to be collected of $50.00 per family. THIS WILL BE RETURNED AT THE CAST PARTY IF YOUR STUDENT PARTICIPATES IN THE STRIKE AND A PARENT HELPS TO CHAPERONE. We had a terrible time finding chaperones for the performances last year and we can not have such difficulties this year. If your child in the show we are going to need your help!
4. We will once again be using the Seton Theatre web page to keep the most up to date information available. setontheatre.com Please check it regularly to verify rehearsals, costume information and all things “Sound of Music”!
5. Please note that the performance dates are the two weekends following Easter. April 21,22,and 23 and April 28 and 29. This means that we will have “Tech week” during Easter Week. We will once again NOT have any rehearsal during the Easter Triduum, and will hope to have our first rehearsal on Easter Monday start in the late afternoon so as to allow people to get back into town if they are going to be out of town for Easter. All Cast must attend rehearsal during tech week. Our opening weekend will have two evening performances on Friday and Saturday and our ONLY afternoon matinee on Sunday. The final weekend will have two evening performances. The strike will be on Sunday, April 30th at noon, followed by a cast party at Seton in the gym. Strike/chaperone checks will be returned on that day to those who met their commitments.
6. This year marks the 25th Annual Spring Musical at Seton! The Sound of Music was last performed 24 years ago! We will be reaching out to alumni who were active and participated in these earlier shows and are hoping that they will return for opening night. We will be including a “look-back” at the last 25 years and a possible champagne reception to follow the opening night’s performance. If you have older children who participated in years past, please help us spread the word. If you are interested in helping in this celebration please let Mrs. VW know as she will be grateful for ALL HELP!